What should I bring to treatment?
Items to bring to treatment include:
- State issued driver’s license, photo ID or birth certificate
- Insurance card
- Sealed packs of tobacco/chew
- Current prescription medications (must be filled within 60 days of admission date)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap/body wash
- Disposable razors
- Hairdryer/curling iron/straightener
- Sealed feminine products
- No aerosol hairsprays – pump spray only
- Telephone calling card or quarters for making calls
- Guitars are approved for inpatient residents. Ask admissions team for more details.
Please bring comfortable clothing that will be seasonally appropriate. (No short-shorts, short skirts, low cut tops or shirts with beer/drug signs.) You will be going outside to meetings and for walks. Nighttime attire should include a robe and slippers. Also, include lounging clothes such as sweatpants, sweatshirts, and t-shirts. Laundry facilities are available at the Center. You should also bring envelopes, stationery, and stamps for writing friends and relatives.
A small amount of money or pre-paid debit cards no more than $100 will be needed for incidentals, pay phone and vending machines. Money orders or Western Unions are no longer being accepted.
Limit belongings to two bags.
The following items should be left at home:
- Non-prescription medications
- Sharp instruments (knives, etc.)
- Cell phones (will be locked up upon admission)
- Make-up is prohibited while in detox
- Outside food or drinks
- Pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals
- Small TVs, radios, computers, tablets
- Alcohol-based items (astringent or mouthwash)
- Valuable jewelry